Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Social Bookmarking


Wow, just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, it just keeps getting better all of the time. I installed del.icio.us this week and never realized how many bookmarks I have! Wow. After the initial import of my bookmarks to del.icio.us after a few key words and viola, my bookmarks are so easy to find and from anywhere I happen to be connected. How many times have I been at work or at someone else’s home computer and wanted to access one of my bookmarks, well lots of times. Thank you del.icio.us. and all other wonderful social bookmarking tools for making life that much easier.

Check out my cool screen shot:




1 comment:

Jeff said...

Very cool! If you want to take this one step further have a look at diigo.com It's social networking around bookmarks, and when you bookmark something in diigo it will automatically post them to del.icio.us a backup of your bookmarks....sweet.

One thing...it looks like you are linking the title of your posts. So when someone clicks on the title, instead of it taking them to that specific blog post it is taking them to del.icio.us. Just put the link in your blog post somewhere (like you did) and try not to link the titles. :)

It makes it hard for someone else to bookmark that specific blog post to del.icio.us :)

Also make sure you add labels to your blog posts. So if someone else is searching on Google for social bookmarking or del.icio.us they'll find your posting on the topic. :)